Sticky Sweet

Double Edged

If you've ever had all the air sucked from your lungs and the rug pulled out from beneath your timid feet-all in the same day-then you might know what it's like to be in this head, this week. Things aren't right, and I'm not sure when they'll be getting back to normal. And I'm not even allowed to be sad. Instead I'm told to smile when I feel like screaming. To be happy when I want to cry. To take it, when I've had 'alls I can stand and I can't stands no more'. But I suck it up, and do it anyway...because that's what being an 'adult' is all about: Doing crap you don't want to do.

It's getting warm and the first trickles are starting to slide down the ice castle. Hopefully winter will be here soon.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's Fall, in case you haven't noticed these past four weeks. Our favorite. Time for holding hands and dancing through the falling leaves, sipping hot cocoa under the stars, costumes and one too many pumpkins to carve. Time for baking cookies with your girlfriends and the world falling away the moment you hear the voice of the one you love (and just maybe, being in the same room). For bright, music-filled days and quiet moonlit nights. For caring.

To me, Fall has always been the antitheses of what most people percieve it to be. The end of one time and the beginning of another, better season. It's a time to start over....to shed your skin and to try harder, to do this time better than the last. To have something other than a restless sleep again. Time to learn from your mistakes and bring from them a little wisdom and a lot of patience. The best things do take time. I'm being pretty patient, but not as patient as I could be. It's time to shed that summer skin and slip into Fall...and slow down a little. To start over.

Hi.

0 Comments:

<< Home