Sticky Sweet

Paranoid

It's entirely possible that I'm being haunted.

Driving home tonight, at midnight/'the witching hour' I stopped at the second of four turns I make in order to pull in safely to my apartment, when I looked over and saw this dim, 40 watt bulb kind of light ominously blinking off and on. Off and on. Off and on, in some guys built-in garage. No other lights were on at all on the street and as I drove past I saw no person in the garage. I got chills. Then, a road block was set up in front of the vet's office. I slide up and give my license as asked, and am told to "Be safe out there" and am sent on my way. I contemplate telling the officer about what I'd just witnessed, but as the chills took me again, I decided against turning back.

I make my third turn and notice there are a large number of cats hiding behind the guard rails on the side of the road, and back into the grassy areas beside the country road I'm on. Not so abnormal right?

Getting out of the car I hear a weird screeching sound from over the hill I just came off. I figure a train is headed toward me in the distance, so I go inside, forgetting for the most part about what I'd just seen. I skip turning any lights on and instead rely on the electric candles in my windows to light my way. I change into my pajamas, throw my hair back, and as I'm walking back through the apartment I hear it. Scratching. Something is scratching at my door. And then, no kidding, my power flashes off, then on.

I back up against the wall and try to remember the best way to incapacitate an attacker. Is it the the nose thing? Definitely the nose thing. But, I don't have to think for long as it appears to have stopped after the light returned.

What. The. Hell.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's weird. I got stopped on the 1st at a checkpoint next to a vet's office! The other stuff is weird too. ;) (I'd probably go for the eyes.)

9/06/2007 9:21 AM  

<< Home