Sticky Sweet

...Of the Ones I Used to Know

Yesterday I spent the morning like any normal twenty-something would: Watching Haunted Travels and cruising MySpace. My friend, we'll call her Lemissa, sent me a link to my high school boyfriend's page and as charming as his empty 24pk Bud Light case as a hat was, it did nothing for his bone structure. But her finding him there got me thinking about my old friends so I looked them up out of curiosity. Based on the my morning activities, I've come to some conclusions.

1. We need to go to Kansas.
2. Some of my old friends have turned out hilarious and I miss them.
3. Some of my old friends have turned out insane and it's sad that they did.
4. But I miss them too.
5. My cousin is a weirdo who thinks balls are way funnier than they really are.
6. Taking the last two letters off your first name, and wearing your hair spikey does not make you a Norwegian fashion model, but if it did, honey you'd be IT. Until it does, I'm just going to pronounce your name with a silly accent.

5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Myspace is the most evil and time-consuming thing ever invented.

7/04/2007 2:29 AM  
Blogger Amelia said...

Agreed! I only joined to keep up with my friends lives, but don't worry; I won't be jumping off any cliffs with them.

7/04/2007 10:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's the same reason that I got onto it. I finally got tired of my friends telling me that I needed a Myspace page.

7/09/2007 12:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ditto, dudes.

Myspace is the devil!!

I signed up before I realized this...but have never used it. I don't post, don't view, don't do anything with it except deny the occasional friend request from spammers.

If my 'friends' have myspace they have more problems than me not keeping up with thier lives.

7/09/2007 12:59 AM  
Blogger Amelia said...

Andrew: I just don't see why it's the greatest thing ever. However, I do see it as a potential 'feelings of inadequacy' catalyst. Oh to still be taking psychology classes!

Brandon: Hey! I'm on your friends list. Are you trying to tell me something? hehe

7/12/2007 10:19 AM  

<< Home