Sticky Sweet

Rejected

(update: this post has been hanging around since Saturday night. I'm pretty much over it now)

Last week I was rejected for the very first time.

I don't mean like, "Hey I don't like you in THAT way" kind of rejected, but more of a "Hey you don't have any skills and you suck" kind of rejected. It was for a writing gig that would have allowed me to work from home, thus solving many of the current problems on my plate. I didn't have enough 'experience' in the field of the job I applied for. The field itself is one which, from time to time, makes me think "I really enjoy learning about this" but then you find me five seconds later veering away to chase a (metaphorical) butterfly. I realize now that I put very little effort into the application process, leaving only my article writing abilities to carry me through. So, I can say with authority that even if you can string a few sentences together and call it a day, lack of zeal will get you every time. I'm still bummed though.

Labels:

0 Comments:

<< Home