Sticky Sweet

TLB Strikes Again

Have you ever had one of those days where you just know something is throw you off? I knew it was going to happen eventually. TLB and I crossed paths for the first time in 6 weeks today. The first and only time we've spoke since I sort of 'broke up' with her. I say sort of because they way I did it was sort of childish, but not uncommon as she'd already done it to me three times in two years.

Anyway, I rounded the corner on my way to pick up a case of that luscious substance I call caffeine and there she was, eyeballing my prize. I turned quickly and headed in the opposite direction, hoping to avoid a shouting match (because she's that kind of girl) in the middle of Wal-Mart. That's a level of classy I hope to never attain. Sadly she did see me, and headed me off at the head of that aisle.

"I called you the morning of the wedding" She began as my knees turned to jelly. "Why didn't you come to my wedding?"

I swallowed that lump in my throat, looked her square in the eye and said "I just couldn't" and before she could ask me again, I said "I have to go, see you around" and took off. She tried to follow me, but I gave her a dirty look and she stayed behind.

On the way home I realized that I had made the right choice. Leaving her behind was good for me: Healthy. She didn't ask me why I had stopped calling her. She wanted to know why I hadn't come to her wedding. To avoid this conflict in the future (as I'm sure we'll be running into each other again) I'm probably going to wind up emailing/writing her and telling her exactly why I didn't come to her wedding. Apparantly it's a mystery, and I'm just a bad example for the next volume of the Miss Manners Guerilla Field Guide: Friendship Etiquette.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wedding. That girls favorite word. I think she stares into the mirror when shes alone and just repeats it over and over.


Call me!

11/14/2006 4:49 PM  

<< Home