Sticky Sweet

Creepy Things

-Tessa's purse was stolen this morning right out of her truck while she was dropping her son off at preschool. As if that's not upsetting enough, the jerk who stole it had to have watched her go in enough times to figure out that she didn't lock her car door in the mornings. People are jerks! I would love a bottle of shoe polish and two minutes with no witnesses right now. His car would be mine.

-There's this gas station at the end of my road that I'm always hesitant to go to. I thought it was because it used to have a giant chicken statue outside, but now I realize, it's more than that. I went in tonight and realized why. It looks like one of those "Middle of no where" gas stations you'd see in a scary movie. Some guy named Clem behind the counter chewing tobacco with his good tooth. It's got wooden floors and dim lighting and a little like, home cooking restaurant inside complete with 3 sets of booths in a little "Eating area". Everyone seems to know everyone else to, and don't particularly care whether they want on the outsiders or not. It's the kind of place, if I were to enter while in a scary movie, I'd back out slowly saying "Know what? I think I can find it myself".

-Yesterday, on the way home from that seminar, I saw a guy about 1/4 of a mile away from my apartment, walking down the road. This in general isn't strange but it's usually someone exercising. This guy was just walking. I didn't think much of it, and went on home. About 30 minutes later I hear sirens of all sorts and there's a big ruckus going on just out of view of my windows. It lasts a while then dies down. Turns out, the guy I saw on the road walked out of range of his house and shot himself in the head beside the road. He was married with a nice house and family and he just walks down the road and shoots himself. I'm 99% positive that I wasn't, but I can't help but think, what if I was the last person who saw that guy alive? My road isn't that busy, so it's possible. I doubt I was, but still I got chills driving home tonight.

5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Oh that's so sad! That would give me chills, too.

10/26/2007 2:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

When I kill myself, I'll let you be the last person that sees me alive...so you can be sure it was you.

10/27/2007 11:53 AM  
Blogger Amelia said...

Katya: Yeah, and so close to Halloween.

HB: How sweet, but you probably won't be the one doing the killing :P

10/27/2007 12:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

eh, you're probably right. I've got what you call a type K personality. Very few people have met me that doesn't want to Kill me. :D

10/28/2007 2:22 AM  
Blogger Amelia said...

Awe, that's not true...is it? I meant it would be me (because as you know, you'll drive me crazy) but at least it'll be a crime of passion or something. lol

10/28/2007 2:26 AM  

<< Home