Sticky Sweet

My whole heart was in the dark

"Wearing a mask of false bravado" has to be the best line from any song from the 70s/80s, bar none.

This has to be the weirdest month of the whole year. Quite possibly the worst and a close second of the best, all at the same time. Definitely the hardest. I'm trying to be a better me, one person/thing at a time.

My mom has a diabetic degenerative disease called Sharcot (shark-o), that effects the flow of blood to her feet. Current she has it only in one foot, but she has to wear a cast, and be on the closest thing to bed rest that she can be, which is just minor activity and no leaving the house. She'll be in the cast for a minimum of 3 months,up to six. It's been nearly two weeks, and not a fun two weeks at that. We may be spending Christmas alone again this year...hopefully not though. It sucks.

In addition to that, the day it happened in fact, I got the promotion I was waiting on. I'm not doing a lot more than I was before, but it's more complex, so more time at work,when I really need to be spending less. I wasn't aware that was possible.

In addtion to that, I've been doing all the Christmas shopping,making 6 presents, and attending 4 birthday parties, one school recital, throwing a Christmas party, then planning one for work, which hasn't left much time for little things like blogging, and sleeping. I've been reading blogs, but not responding, and every time I tried to post something it sounded way more depressing than it should. I'm just stressed, not depressed. I must admit though, HB has kept me sane.

I've also had bloggers block lately....so I purchased the highly reviewed Maggie Mason's book "No One Cares What You Had for Lunch"
so maybe things will liven up soon.

I've got a long-awaited trip planned down south in a couple months, set in flint, in case anything may happen. Vacation here I come.

Oh, and my cousin had the twins. : )

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

YAY!!!!BABIES!!!! You didn't tell me. How could you?!? J/K. Calm down and breathe. It will all be okay. You can vent on me anytime you need to. Just be like Doc and tell me that it's not at me, just to me before you do it. I love you!

12/18/2006 2:59 PM  
Blogger Amelia said...

I haven't talked to you SINCE babies. I think. I'm really okay, just freaked out about how I'm supposed to get everything done. And BOY do I have a story to tell you later :) Next time you come up, I have to show you something funny. Love you too!

12/19/2006 12:17 AM  
Blogger Mandy said...

New blog - http://mandyinacube.blogspot.com/
yay!

That book sounds really cool, I might have to check it out.

Hope your mom is doing well.

12/20/2006 10:30 AM  
Blogger Amelia said...

I got the book yesterday and I'm 47 pages in so far. It's pretty good, with some "Why didn't I think of that?" As well as Ideas borrowed (with permission) from bloggers like Sarah Brown, Heather Armstrong, and some guys I can't remember.

And thanks :) My mom will be okay in a few months. Just hard to walk atm.

12/22/2006 2:22 PM  

<< Home