Sticky Sweet

The Big News

Let's go ahead and get this out of the way shall we?

-So, I'm moving. I've talked to my landlord and we've done the walk through and I have to be out by August first. I'm not going too far however; Maybe not even leaving the city. If things go as planned, I'll be in a place a teensy bit south of here. I'm sort of "Adult-Petrified" right now, but I'm good. I think. But I don't think I'd turn down some strong arms and a pair of willing-to-move-furniture-downstairs legs!

-My mom is doing much better than she was. She did wind up having her leg amputated, below the knee. She spent a total of 6 weeks in the hospital and has been in rehab for a week and a few days. She has stood up on her own one time, and we consider that a huge accomplishment. If all goes well, she'll be sprung by August. I couldn't be more proud if I tried.

-I, unfortunately, have to return to my 'real' job by the 8th of the month. I really, REALLLLLY don't want to. Everything has changed, and I'm going to feel completely disoriented about it. But I'll survive. It is just work, after all. But, one can only read and nap (well, in hospital chairs...not so comfy) for so long before having to return to the real world.

2 Comments:

Blogger Mandy said...

I'm proud of you Amelia, you are a strong woman.

6/04/2007 10:27 AM  
Blogger Amelia said...

Oh Mandy, I just love you so much!

6/04/2007 1:15 PM  

<< Home