Sticky Sweet

Home

A great lady died this week.

My Aunt Ruth played a big part in my life, growing up. When my mom started working for the company she eventually retired from, I'd hop off the school bus at my aunt's house and stay with her until I fell asleep, waking up in my own bed the next morning, mysteriously. She always had a warm smile and a lot of hugs to give. She taught me to play the piano.... badly, but that last part isn't her fault. She taught me to sew. She loved me in the most important of ways: Without holding back.

So I correct myself:

The greatest lady died this week.

And I am going to miss her.


Regular posting to resume this week.

2 Comments:

Blogger Mandy said...

Oh Amelia, I'm sorry. Hugs.

3/12/2007 11:00 AM  
Blogger Amelia said...

Thanks Mandy

3/15/2007 12:31 AM  

<< Home