Sticky Sweet

Cut To The Dramatics

When I was in 3rd grade, I got my waist-length hair cut off in a (horrible) horrible haircut. I felt freer that I'd ever felt in my kid-life, as it was so thick it gave me headaches. My best guy friend Joel C. promptly went home to his mother and cried because of my dramatic follicle separation. According to his mother, he cried "Amelia cut off ALL her hair" over and over again. Our moms, those rare times they still see one another, still like to embarrass Joel with this tale.

A little over a week ago, I went to my hometown Wal-Mart to get Tessa's mom something before I left town. I walked past the hairdressers but wound up making a U-turn and going back. I'd been trying to get my hair cut with my regular lady (the only woman who has ever touched my hair in my fake-adult life) but we've been missing each other since February. So I bit the bullet. I got my almost waist-length hair cut off.

I also got "swoopy" bangs. They're awesome, and I highly recommend them.

When I saw my cousin a few days later, she grabbed my head and turned me around to make sure her eyes weren't tricking her.

"You cut off ALL your hair!" she exclaimed, to which I sighed.

"It's Hair, M. It's only hair."

0 Comments:

<< Home