Sticky Sweet

No, In YOUR Face!

All day long in the sports world (espn while at the laundromat, and also from several random chuckleheads) I kept hearing about how UK was going to get creamed tonight by Arkansas, and how they might as well throw in the towel now. I was bummed, and almost didn't listen to the game tonight on the way back from the old homestead. But, as history has shown, I still keep the home fires burning, even if UK suffers a humiliating loss. So I tuned in, out of respect, if nothing else. And you know what?

HA! UK beat Arkansas 42-29!

That was quite possibly the most exciting game I've ever heard. At one point, I think possibly the first touchdown UK made, some guy was keeping pace with my car (trying to pass) on 23 and I looked over after I'd pumped my fist nerd-style as I heard the play, and saw the dude in the car beside of me beating his steering wheel. He looked up about the same time I did and it was obvious we were listening to the same thing. So I gave him a thumbs up (which he returned) and then I slowed down, because, keeping pace with some dude listening to the same station as you is kinda creepy.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That was a great game, but not as good as the Louisville game!

10/05/2007 1:21 AM  

<< Home