Sticky Sweet

Square One

Since the nightmare year has started to lift it's fog, I'm heading back to the working world.

Today I sort of went back in time, while also heading forward. I went back to a place I used to know, only as an adult. It's better this time, I'm not afraid anymore. It's familiar enough that I won't feel like a fish out of water, which, is how I feel in EVERY aspect of my life right now as it is. Sometimes, I still feel 17. So unsure of everything around me, worrying about everything from "Is he going to call?" to "Am I going to make it?" only now, instead of it all being trivial it's more important. All my worries at 17 seem laughable now that I know how strange things can be.

So, I'm glad I came home. I'm glad I've wound up where I am. I'm glad that I'm sort of, in a way, starting over again. Maybe, with what I know now, I can do it right this time. Square one is looking like a pretty sweet piece of real estate right now. Some people wish their whole lives for a chance to start over again at a certain point in their lives. I'm feeling pretty lucky that I actually get to do it.

0 Comments:

<< Home