Sticky Sweet

Don't Tell Anyone I'm This Lame

Do you remember when you were a Teen Beat/Tiger Beat/etc teenager? Your room plastered with pictures of your favorite celebrity and band, doodling your names together instead of taking notes in class, dreaming up what your mansion would look like when you get married (because he was TOTALLY going to fall in love with you as soon as his eyes met yours across the room!)?

Or that summer, okay, you're not going to lie, that ENTIRE year, you spent practically every spare moment laying on your living room floor writing what would ultimately be a 322 page, handwritten book which began with you being in love with Andrew Keegan, then when the season, and your crush changed, Nick Carter whisked you off into the key west sunset (because apparently he bought you a house there) where you lived happily ever after?

Or being so embarrassed by your 'novel' in later years that, not being able to part with it, you stuck it in a waterproof bag and buried it, without your name on it of course, the week before you moved from your childhood home, along with your posters of Jonathan Brandis (the only reason to even watch Sea Quest over TGIF)?

Oh. You DON'T remember that? Yeah, me either.

5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Wow. I have a couple of those "novels" somewhere. I wonder where. I miss them.

10/31/2007 4:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Must be a girl thing.

11/02/2007 4:14 PM  
Blogger Amelia said...

Katya: I miss mine too. It always cracked me up.

Andrew: It is. While boys were imagining girls jumping on trampolines, we were imagining redecorating a celebrities mansion.

11/03/2007 1:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think I skipped the girls on trampolines phase, although I found it amusing on The Man Show.

11/06/2007 6:05 PM  
Blogger Amelia said...

And you my friend are a better man for it. :)

11/07/2007 9:29 PM  

<< Home