Sticky Sweet

Garbled Post

I think I failed to mention this, but, I went away for a work seminar Monday through Wednesday this week. I'm now officially certified to do my job, according to the heavy sheet of paper they gave me with my name in calligraphy on the front. I spent those three days in a luxury hotel, goofing off with people in the same boat I was (11 in all) and spending my evenings eating in my favorite restaurants and shopping at the mall. Doesn't get much better than that.

I went back to work refreshed, energized, with a new perspective, and more confident than I had been before. I feel more like I belong now, even though I've still got a long way to go in that area.

All of the ladies hugged me and told me they were glad I was back. One of the boys even came in today and saw me typing away, putting in inventory and yelled my name happily, wrapped his arm around me and gave me a huge, wet (read: gross) kiss on the cheek.

"How are you doing?" he asked propping himself up on my desk. "We've missed you."

But I'm tired. Instead of feeling refreshed, I left work today (2 hours late-making an 11.5 hour work day) creeping so slow even your Grandma was baffled. I feel like I could sleep for a whole day-but that's never going to happen.

It doesn't help that the local newspaper called me Thursday about a position I applied for a couple months ago, asking if I wanted to reapply for it. Yes. I. Do.

My mom is really confused today. She's reaching for stuff that's not even there and asking me questions/saying things at really strange times. Things like "Are you going to get it or what?" and I'll ask "Get what?" and by then she's back to her senses (I guess?) and she'll say "Oh, nothing. Never mind." and go about her business. Strange.

So, would anyone have any idea how to make a really kick ass professional writing portfolio?

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Oh, is that why my grandma was baffled? I wondered....

11/10/2007 3:42 AM  

<< Home