Sticky Sweet

Just to Prove That I Knew How, Yeah

There is no sheet of paper big enough in this world to write this week's to-do list on.

I've got the homemade equivalent of an atomic fireball in my mouth at this very moment-a futile attempt at clearing this dry-heat sinus headache I have going. My teeth keep sticking together, but so far, so good. Sometimes, Valentine's day gifts (thanks again Wendy!) can serve more than one purpose.

Today was spent sleeping, reading the Sunday paper, and taking a drive in the snow to acquire some much-needed caffeine.

Work has become a chore, and I've never in my life been good at those. Somedays, playing mediator is not one bit easy. "All we can do, is our best" comes out of my mouth more than I mean it to. It seems that I'm tethered to my cell phone due to work even when I'm off or work knows that I'm supposed to be unavailable at a certain time. During those (albeit rare) times, it rings nonstop. And these 5am calls HAVE to stop. I don't go to sleep until 3 most days, and for Pete's sake, it's retail. Get a grip.

This past week, for non-work related reasons has been particularly stressful. But we needn't talk about that.

I think I need to go to my happy place. If you need me, I'll be listening to "Ice Ice Baby" and doing my nails.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

<< Home