Sticky Sweet

Two Hours

-I just spent the last two hours laughing it up while watching people sing (bad) country music, karaoke style. The flashing neon sign advertised that you could bring your own music or choose from "many selections" already on hand. How could I pass that up? It was beautiful.

-I spent two hours yesterday hanging out at a friend's house for another friend's birthday. My friend's wife and I watched the boys play cards, quote Jay and Silent Bob and imbibe as much Bud Light as they could possibly handle in 120 minutes. When we got up to leave, my friend yelled "Wait! I have to play you this song! Let me get my guitar!" and ran off, returning before I could ask whether is was acoustic or electric. It was neither. He ran back in the room with a tiny plastic guitar and played a Danzig song on Guitar Hero. Over and Over. For 30 minutes. My head hurt.

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Oh, that Guitar Hero....

1/30/2008 4:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Guitar Hero is probably the worst thing ever. It's either addictive or annoying, depending on whether or not you play it.

1/30/2008 2:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

By the way, where was the karaoke?

1/30/2008 2:33 PM  
Blogger Amelia said...

I've played GH before, but I'm a pretty prompt person. I was ready to leave and they were all "Let's stay forever!". My 4am wake up time the next day made me mad.

The Karaoke was in Prestonsburg. A bit far to go, but totally worth it. :)

1/30/2008 11:43 PM  

<< Home